Thursday, July 24, 2008

Don't Sweat the Small stuff, RIGHT??

I feel like I am in constant battle with myself on trying NOT to sweat the small stuff.

So please someone explain to me how to deal with someone who thinks they know everything??? NO, I can't just avoid this person, unfortunately... And really, she thinks she knows EVERYTHING! Even if it's about my son whom I have raised for the past 4 years.
Do I just try and try to ignore it (like it's that easy) or do I learn to work with people so they don't BUG me so dang much??

4 comments:

Iverson Family said...

I am so excited we got to see you too! FINALLY!!! Um...you have to tell me where you got your super cute back ground???? Also...are you talking about a relative? If you are we need to talk!...Yeah...you gotta let it go! I need to eat my advice too!

Amy Marie Gessel said...

it's not a relative!

Jill said...

I hope it's not me! But you've been avoiding me pretty well for the past few years, so I think I'm in the clear.

I just nod my head in agreement and do/say/think whatever I was doing/saying/thinking in the first place.

But shouldn't you feel so lucky to have the opportunity to be so close to someone who knows EVERYTHING? I mean, that's pretty amazing! I am lucky enough to have someone like that as well. We're so lucky.

Keri said...

I think it's impossible to "work with" somebody who is brainwashed by someone whose sole existence is to try to make your life miserable. My only advice would be to not give them the satisfaction of letting them see that they get to you.